Monday, June 20, 2005

Delicious delicate droppings of ecstatic ear candy

Well, it's official. The new White Stripes album is bad ass. I've had it in my car stereo for a week and have not changed it yet....that's usually a good sign, even though I have new Coldplay, System of a Down, Audioslave, Beck, Queens of the Stone Age, and old Jimi. I think I still like Elephant more. (Purists would disagree....siting De Stilj or White Blood Cells....both excellent in their own right). However, I got turned on to the band like most people with 2003's Elephant. That was a kick ass album. Very unique compared to what else was out there at that time. I was anxious and nervous about what would follow and I'm happy to say.....solid. The album is a little different than Elephant....a bit more subdued....but still retains a similar feel. Some of my favorites include: Forever for her is over for me, Little Ghost, The denial twist, Take Take Take, As ugly as I seem, and I'm lonely but I'm not that lonely yet. I highly recomend getting your grubby little hands on a copy and inserting it directly into your waxy ear canal. Now that I've absorbed about half of what the album has to offer, I'm off to the new Coldplay. Although I'm sure White Stripes will be back in a couple of days. Let me know what you think.

Shoving my opinion down the throat of all those who care to look,
-J

3 Comments:

At June 21, 2005 4:47 PM, Blogger Aaron said...

How many posts can one poster post if a poster post could post posts?

I'm gonna dl the new white stripes. I like the stuff I already have.

 
At June 22, 2005 1:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Coming to KC Tuesday August 23rd for a whopping $37.50!!!!!!!

~Darth Jader

 
At June 22, 2005 3:24 PM, Blogger jason said...

Wow, that's pretty pricey...who's coming with them? I might just have to shell out that much. I hope that is including the surcharges. Ticketmaster is a monopoly rapist.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home