Tuesday, June 07, 2005

quick post mcgee

Not much to write this evening. Brain is drained. I had the pleasure of seeing patients till 6:30 last night, then got called at 2:30 am. That's AM folks...as in "fucking hell I gotta go to work at 2:30 in the goddamn morning. At least I restrained myself from punching something this time. So, I get back home and bed around 4am. Got up at 7:30 for work feeling loopy. Had another relatively shitty day at work but not near as bad as monday. Stayed till 7:30 doing paperwork that I didn't even come close to finishing. Yup, I hate my job. However, I did get one preapproval paperwork packet faxed off for a home loan. Now, if I could only get a realtor to show me a friggin house I would be in business. Also, I'm not on call tonight. So, here I sit in front of the computer drinking beer like water.....hoping to forget how much I hate my job. Maybe I'll get drunk enough to forget where I work and not be able to find my way back there in the morning. Yes people, it's that bad. The only thing keeping me going is the hope of more staff to even out the workload. If that doesn't happen, I'm likely to buy a nice sniper rifle and start looking for a clock tower to climb. On another note....I've been called a "leftist" by some people, but let me tell you, Medicaid needs to be cut for everyone but the severly disabled and severly handicapped. I'm fucking sick of seeing perfectly able-bodied people come to my office to get shit they don't need because their medicaid will pay for it. Most are unemployed, lazy, and demanding backwoods fucks. They think the world owes them a favor because they were born poor and see no need why they should improve their situation. Hell, I think quite a few actually like being that way. No stress from a job, no pressure to achieve anything, free health care....as long as they can buy their McCormick vodka and Basic smokes...they're fine. Never mind the food for their 50 kids. I think Jello Biafra had it right....there are too many sharks in the gene pool. Perfect example....fat slob of a redneck needs diabetic shoes. Their feet are in piss poor condition and need major care to keep from developing ulcers that lead to amputation. All this is explained to them, but they still want "cute shoes" and the ones that are actually good for their feet are "too ugly". All this coming from a chick in fucking grimy house slippers and a Wal-Mart Tweety Bird shirt with multiple food stains in places that food couldn't possible get......and they think shoes are going to make a difference in their personal appearance? Okay, enough with the bitching...this is my evening off and this shit just gets me riled up. On a positive note, I got a new lcd monitor and I love it. The picture is nice and sharp and my eyes haven't even gotten tired yet after an hour or so online. With my old monitor my eyes would start to get blurry after 45 minutes of reading. Other good news....new Coldplay, Foo Fighters, and White Stripes albums come out soon. P.S. Thanks to all that made my 30th birthday fun....I had a great time, even if I paid dearly for it the next day. Stay tuned for kick ass pictures of tonight's sunset.

As always, fear and loathing in Columbia
-J

1 Comments:

At June 08, 2005 8:15 PM, Blogger Aaron said...

I'm gonna send you Rush's second book. He has a chapter in it devoted to Hillarycare. To quote...

"Once again, the pointy-headed theoreticians who devised this program (medicare/medicaid) made the mistake of assuming they were operating in a zero-sum game. They never imagined that the very creation of their program would increase demand for medical services."

"They don't understand, or pretend not to understand, that if you tax something, it discourages that activity. Likewise, if you subsidize something or give it away, you encourage it. That's how the real worls works, and that's just what has happened with medicare and medicaid."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home