Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Feel good movie of the year

I am a movie whore. It's the plain and simple truth. We recently added several channels to our cable. We also get movies on demand. I have been chain smoking movies almost every night. I finish with one and immediately watch another. I'm averaging 2 movies a night plus sometimes an HBO special as well. The other night I watched a series on HBO where they performed a fresh autopsy. I had never seen anything quite like that. I had human anatomy with dissection, but it's nothing like seeing a fresh body. That show was freakin' gross. They showed the removal of all the organs, including the brain. The brain was the worst part. They cut the scalp at the back of this guy's head and peeled it up and over his face, so all you saw was the inside of his scalp covering his face down to the chin. Then they broke out the saw......the sound of skull bone being pried back is something not easily forgotten, no matter how hard you try. I'm surprised I didn't have nightmares that night. Which brings me to the feel good movie of the year...1994. Leaving Las Vegas. I watched that again for the first time in years. Man, I forgot how completely depressing that movie is! Talk about your downward spiral. Elizabeth Shue's character is also quite pathetic. She falls in love with this guy who is such a mess you wonder how she loves him. It's almost like she thrives on his self annihilation. If you haven't seen it before, I recommend watching it. Nick Cage gives a fantastic performance (and I don't even like him in most movies except Adaptation).

6 Comments:

At September 01, 2005 8:05 AM, Blogger Aaron said...

Ya, it was a breakout role for Cage. I want to drink booze off your tits!

 
At September 01, 2005 5:55 PM, Blogger jason said...

If I could drink bourbon from your pussy...then, just then, you might be attractive to me...because then I would have a purpose. I would lick you clean so you can go out and fuck some other man.

 
At September 02, 2005 8:04 AM, Blogger locomocos said...

okay gross.

i was going to say, what about Raising Arizona and Moonstruck!! he did a great job in both those movies!!!

but yeah. i always recommend that film to people, but i haven't seen it since the theatre. i saw it at the Tivoli in Westport, and thought - this movie is great, but it will never make it out of the art houses cause it's so depressing. boy was i wrong. i guess ALL people - not just arty weirdos - like to be depressed when they leave a theatre.

yikes.
that movie makes me want to see a "feel good movie of the year" - like Billy Madison or something.

 
At September 02, 2005 8:04 AM, Blogger locomocos said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At September 02, 2005 3:57 PM, Blogger jason said...

ok, so how did someone else remove a post on my site? Aaron?

 
At September 06, 2005 1:41 PM, Blogger Aaron said...

The author removed their own comment.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home