Wednesday, October 12, 2005

.....And now for a news update.....

Evening to all,

I had a good weekend this week. I wasn't on call for any of the weekend for the first time in about a month. It felt good to not do anything. I did have to go through some bullshit though. Power went out to half of my house last week. None of the breakers switched, so I called the power company. They said nothing was wrong with the lines and that I should call an electrician. So, I did. I set up an appointment for 6pm on Friday. When 6:15 rolls around and nobody is here, I call the company. Turns out that nobody entered it in the system and that nobody was coming. So, I go ahead and schedule it for 8:30 the next morning. The guy comes out and sure as shit.....there was a breaker that flipped. The messed up thing is that it didn't move to off....it still looked like it was on. He gave it a little push and power came on to all three of the rooms that were out. So, I felt like a retard......especially since I checked the damn breaker twice. Not only that, I got a 75 dollar minimum visit fee. I felt like telling him to just kick me in the nuts and we'll call it a day. Anyway the cool thing was that we went to the Violent Femmes show. It was great. I wasn't expecting much of a show since they are all in their mid forties...but they sounded just as good as on their albums. They also rocked out.....very energenic and very funny. They played a solid 2 hour set. For a couple of the songs they brought out trumpet players, clarinet players, and the lead singer played fiddle. They did a couple of bluegrass numbers that were better than a lot of their songs. The only problem was that I didn't get to hear the two songs I was really looking forward to: To the Kill, and Promise. Promise is probably my favorite song of theirs, that or Day after Day. So, I will post the lyrics to Promise instead for all to see. If you like the Femmes and haven't heard this one, check it out.

The Violent Femmes: Promise

Y'know that I want your loving
but my logic tells me that it aint never gonna happen
and then my defense'd say I did't want it anyway
but you know sometimes I'm a liar
could you ever want me to love you
could you ever want me to care
disregard my nervousness
please ignore my vacant stares
cause just what I've been thru
is nothing like where I'm going to
give me some sign to persue
a promise
and your unhappy
this is only a guess
do you know what it's like to hate
when it's way down deep inside
oh god I hate what's been done to my life
I could rule the pain
I could rule the night
or would I ruin my salvation
ruin my mind rules your pains
rulers of the night
ruin your salvation
ruin yor mind

The song is sung with a lot of passion, that's why I like it. I also like the clever lyrics. So, also this weekend we saw Broken Flowers. It was okay, not the greatest movie. I probably wouldn't watch it over and over. It's basically Bill Murray reprising the same character he's done in his last couple of movies, with just a little difference. I did see a really funny movie this weeked. It's called The Green Butchers. It's a Danish film with subtitles about 2 friends that open a butcher shop and end up selling human meat. It's funny as hell, in a quirky Europen way. It reminds me a little of Shawn of the Dead in that it is kinda a parody and doesn't take itself to seriously. I highly recommend it. Very odd indeed. On another subject, I don't know when I'll be commenting on anyone's blog again. For some reason, it keeps saying incorrect password. I was only able to log on and make this post.

12 Comments:

At October 12, 2005 4:32 PM, Blogger jason said...

test

 
At October 12, 2005 4:37 PM, Blogger jason said...

well shit, apparently something has gone wrong and I had to change my password

 
At October 12, 2005 5:30 PM, Blogger Blackpetunia said...

I hope you can comment, apparently I'm a commodity to be bought and sold now, kind of like human meat I guess.

 
At October 12, 2005 7:18 PM, Blogger Aaron said...

YES Amber! Exactly like human meat! I'm done buying up the price of Cassie's stock (i've grown 2,200% in net worth over the past week) and buy a controlling share of your blog.

"I'm your new commander, you now are my prisoner."

I like the Femmes too. I just realized that I don't have any of their music on my HDD. Time for another guerilla download session.

 
At October 13, 2005 3:37 PM, Blogger jason said...

what's with all this insider trading? I haven't checked out that website. What's it all about? Please explain. Oh yeah, and that Femmes song isn't called Day after Day...it's Add it Up....stupid me, just realized that on the drive home from work today. You're right about Honeycomb Frosh....I've been listening to it for several days now and it is really growing on me.

 
At October 13, 2005 4:30 PM, Blogger locomocos said...

So The Green Butchers....
Did you rent it or see it at the movies?

Is sounds a little bit like the french film by Jean-Pierre Jeunet (the same guy who did Amelie and The City of Lost Children) Delicatessen. If you haven't seen it - rent it today! i really want to see The Green Butchers now..... and i'm really hungry.

 
At October 13, 2005 5:36 PM, Blogger Blackpetunia said...

I thought the same thing until you said Shawn of the Dead. I hated that movie. I know you loved it Cassie, but I ALMOST, almost didn't sit through the whole thing.

 
At October 13, 2005 7:39 PM, Blogger Aaron said...

No insider trading. I'm just building up my net worth so I can own more and more of all of your blogs...

It changes daily, but here's my current ownership breakdown, I own:

25% of AaronKCMO (I have also claimed this blog)
20% of Locomocos
75% of Into the Rabbit Hole
25% of PhilWaxBrainDrop
62% of Science, Whackmobiles and You

The following are statistics of my ownership. It goes:

Blog Title
Shares Held
Current Price
Buy Price
P/E Ratio
Shares Available
Current Value
Buy Value


AaronKCMO
1250 held
B$1.10
B$.42
3.29
3750 / 5000 available
B$1,377.24 total
B$525.00 total

in the mind of cassie ▲
1000 held
B$9.46
B$.97
21.99
3000 / 5000 available
B$9,458.93 total
B$970.00 total

Into the Rabbit Hole ▲
3750 held
B$.95
B$.33
4.76
250 / 5000 available
B$3,567.84 total
B$1,237.50 total

philisophical waxings and brain dropping...
1250 held
B$.97
B$.47
2.96
2750 / 5000 available
B$1,211.29 total
B$587.50 total

Science, Wackmobiles and You ▲
3100 held
B$2.61
B$.70
6.26
900 / 5000 available
B$8,076.55 total
B$2,170.00 total

 
At October 14, 2005 7:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bunch o' Nerds.

Yes, Cassie, "Delicatessen" is one of the movies this one was compared to on the back of the box. I have been meaning to watch it for a long time. I liked "Amelie" a lot.

~Jade

 
At October 14, 2005 9:18 AM, Blogger locomocos said...

i really liked Amelie as well. did you know that after that movie came out in france, Amelie's haircut was the biggest thing since sliced bread? i guess girls ran to the salons begging for it!

And how could anyone not like Shawn of the Dead???

Did you not enjoy Land of the Dead?
But if you don't enjoy zombie movies on a whole, then i can see how you wouldn't enjoy ANY of these films....
but i think that's just LOCO!!!!

 
At October 14, 2005 4:28 PM, Blogger jason said...

Amber, Green Butchers isn't exactly like Shawn of the Dead, just kinda quirky. Shawn of the Dead was allright, but I felt it dragged. Not the biggest fan. The best zombie movie I've seen is Return of the Living Dead. I've haven't seen any movies by that director that you mentioned, but I think both Delicatessen and City of Lost Children sound really cool. So, Aaron, how does the stock market of blogs work? You don't actually pay money to own a stake in our blogs right? Do they give you a set amount of money to spend based on your net worth of your own blog? Damn, that sucks! I was just doing this for the amusement of myself and others. Now I have all this pressure to perform for my shareholders........I just want to know.....who's on my board of directors?

 
At October 17, 2005 2:02 AM, Blogger Spoony Quine said...

` Oh, I changed my blog's name to
Science, Wackmobiles and Spurious Brainchildren.
` I think it's more apt, considering this post I keep meaning to put up... I'm just missing the most important part, a disturbing comic strip by moi.

` Also, want to see Amelie and Lost Children! Those sound awesome!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home