Monday, June 27, 2005

It's what the public wants!!!

Hello over dar,

I'm happy to announce that my bid was accepted by the greedy bankers that own this foreclosed house. Originally, they didn't get the paperwork done in time and left a window for someone else to bid. I bid high (probably too high) and got the contract. Today, 6-27-05, Jade and I went there to have the inspection done. Unfortunately, there were some things wrong, but nothing too major. Basically the deck needs better support, the outside sink is prone to freeze the pipes, and the support in the garage is rusted from road salt (not leaks). Those were the 3 big things. No termite damage though, which is a relief. There are a lot of little things that need fixing such as paint, closet doors, and woodwork. Overall though it's in good shape. The inspector said the roof is about 10 years old and should last another 10. I'm going to try to negotiate a lower price to help cover some repairs. If everything goes well, we are expecting to close on July 11th. Now, who's up for a moving party? Yeah!....a moving party.....whoo-hooo! It should be pretty easy. Jade and I will move all that we can over the course of 2 weeks and we are looking to move the big stuff the weekend after the rugby float trip. Might I add that it pays well....all the premium beer you can drink, plus the peace of mind knowing that you did me a "solid". Come one, come all...the more the merrier.....and faster :)

Future homeowner extrordinaire,
-J

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home