Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Meet Bob


Thanks to enzyte, Bob has a generous swelling of pride......
Awhile back, somebody made a post about giving alchohol to your plants to increase their growth. I commented that it worked with Bob back when I lived in Kansas City. I don't feed Bob near as much beer as I used to, but he still gets some now and again. Just look at him!!! He's huge! When I transtported him down here 2 years ago his branches only came to the bottom of the planter. Last fall, I trimmed him again, this time to about 1/4 of what you see here. This guy is out of control...I think he's secretely on the juice. I haven't measured him, but I think the longest "tendril" is at least 6 feet long, maybe more. Alas, It's almost touching the floor and it keeps getting caught in my dresser drawers, so I have to trim him again. I had to post a picture of Bob in all his majesty so that mankind may benefit from gazing upon his awesomitude.

14 Comments:

At May 18, 2006 10:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

He must secretly be doing shots of Irish whiskey while you're gone. Ohhhh, so that's where all the Jameson went!!

~Jade

 
At May 18, 2006 10:36 AM, Blogger Denny said...

try this : a can of coke, can of beer, 12 oz of dirty fish tank water(sounds gross but this stuff is magical for plants), mix with 1 gallon of water = home made miracle grow. Some recipes call for the left over ashes and goop from the bottom of your BBQ.

 
At May 18, 2006 2:54 PM, Blogger Aaron said...

You need to move your supply of anabolic steriods away from the desk. That plant is clearly a juicer.

 
At May 18, 2006 3:38 PM, Blogger jason said...

I've heard a recipe similar to that one, except it also calls for chewing tobacco.

 
At May 18, 2006 9:06 PM, Blogger Denny said...

you are correct except that its already chewed tobacco and the spittle that goes with it which is why i left it out as not too many people are into chewing just to liven up their plants.

 
At May 19, 2006 6:00 AM, Blogger jason said...

I say, if you're gonna go, go all out. It's pretty funny how some of the foulest stuff on earth can make a good miracle grow.

 
At May 19, 2006 12:58 PM, Blogger locomocos said...

you know, you can give bob a hair cut, and make a shit ton of little bobs with the clippings. just stick them into a glass of water, or directly into a pot of soil, a VOILA!! you have christmas presents for EVERYONE!

 
At May 19, 2006 5:36 PM, Blogger Spoony Quine said...

` Another technique for making plants grow that I've heard of is club soda - it gives them extra Co2, apparently. I haven't actually tried this myself, though.

 
At May 20, 2006 6:37 PM, Blogger heather said...

I did the post on alcohol for the plants. So people take their plant growing pretty seriously. THere was a college kid on the plane from Syracuse this morning who was carring a plant onto the plane cuz he didn't want it to die!!

 
At May 22, 2006 11:07 AM, Blogger Aaron said...

Just do the ultimate in recycling, use your own waste in your flower pots.

Make sure to do it in a bowl first so you can mix it up really well before you dump it in, so to speak.

 
At May 22, 2006 6:04 PM, Blogger jason said...

I think I just threw up in my mouth a little bit there.

 
At May 27, 2006 1:47 PM, Blogger Spoony Quine said...

` Ditto.

` I wonder if spitting that in the pot is beneficial?



` Never mind.

 
At May 31, 2006 8:04 AM, Blogger Aaron said...

Elwess! Float trip! June 23-25. Let me know if you can make it.

 
At May 31, 2006 10:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Duh!! We invited you to come down HERE to see Hank III that Saturday, remember??? Already got tickets.

~Jade

 

Post a Comment

<< Home