Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Finally Free

Jade and I are officially done with league bowling. We had missed a few weeks due to Sean's wedding and my office Christmas party. We went last Friday and found out that one of our teammates put in her 2 weeks notice. The other two teammates have been AWOL for 3 weeks. That leaves us without enough people for a team. That worked out well, because I've been wanting to quit for a long time now. It definitely isn't as fun as I imagined it. For one, you only get to bowl 3 games and it takes 3 hours. Also, nobody seemed to be very friendly. Mostly the other teams seemed concerned about making sure that they didn't lose to us due to math errors or handicapping errors. Many times, other teams would object about what people count on the team and if their averages and handicaps are correct. It was too anal for my tastes....I just wanted to have fun. Also, we got stuck on a team with people we have nothing in common with. I came to dread Friday nights. Now, I'm free to do whatever I please on Fridays. Overall, I don't think league bowling is anything I plan on doing in the forseeable future. I only recommend it if you have a team of 5 of people that you already know.

1 Comments:

At December 21, 2006 8:03 AM, Blogger Aaron said...

I guess I'll pick this one to comment on.

Too bad you guys had a bad experience. Your bowling team sounds like our pool team. Our leader is openly talking about defecting to another team. I may have to take control of the team by force. Hopefully there won't be any bloodshed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home