Friday, October 27, 2006

bad ass

Jade and I went to a concert last night to see Witch's Hat. We were expecting a good show, but didn't expect this. This is Shaffer the DarklordThis nerdy, little white guy is quite possibly the most bad ass rapper I have ever heard, period. His style is basically Weird Al, but more vulgar and much more funny. His rap style is like Eminem...but 10 times better. I was completely blown away. If you ever get a chance to see this guy, run...don't walk to get there. Everyone MUST go to his myspace page (which should be on my friends list soon). View the video for "Cat People". It is quite possibly the fastest rapping I have ever heard. Seriously, you have to at least see a video of this guy to understand what I'm talking about. Now imagine that live, with a little comedy in between songs. It was sweet.

We saw the show at the Eastside Tavern. I've spoke of it before, but now I have some pictures of it's awesomitude. See for yourself.

These are some dolls that they have on the wall. Enlarge to get a better look...Sorry they came out so dark.

















Here's Captain Spalding. I thought about going as him this year, but it was too late to put together that complicated of a costume.





















okay, sideways, but cool poster.


Cool 3d skeleton and Reverend Horton Heat Poster.














I just like the lsd one.


And, of course, Witch's Hat put on a great show. They have a new guitarist that is still learning to mesh with the band. I gain more and more respect for the drummer every show....he's pretty good. They played a lot of songs from their upcoming EP. It's going to be about 6 songs that tell a story (something about pirates). The jury is still out on it, but I liked a couple of the songs. The bass player had a Legend of Zelda shirt on, and I'm going to try to talk him into incorporating the Zelda theme song into one of their songs. It would be most bad-ass.

Last week we saw the lead singer of Clem Snide and we stayed out waaaay to late on a weeknight. Did the same thing last night as Witch's Hat didn't even come on till Midnight. We are going to a costume party/concert tonight. I'm too old to keep up with all this partying. So, I'm going to sleep like the dead (the living dead) tomorrow in preparation for Halloween. Jade and I are going as Earl and Joy and are going to see a B-52's cover band made up of local musicians. I hope everyone has a deliciously evil Halloween.

Boo

-J

7 Comments:

At October 29, 2006 8:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I'm still recovering from the Friday night costume party and there's still another one Tuesday. We saw a preview of the B-52s cover band at the Oddball, and it looks to be a good night. Pictures coming soon!!

~Jade

 
At October 30, 2006 4:34 PM, Blogger Spoony Quine said...

` I wish I knew of concerts and parties involving costumes to go to.... I'd go to them.

 
At October 30, 2006 9:42 PM, Blogger jason said...

spoony...don't dream it...be it!!!

You've been there...I saw the pics!

 
At October 31, 2006 1:45 PM, Blogger Aaron said...

Good call Jason.

That East Side Tavern is a hole, but it's not nearly as bad as some of the places I've been to recently to play pool. I actually went to a bar last week that didn't accept cards... I'm still not sure how they manage to stay in business.

Did you pick up a CD from the rappin nerd? I'm sure it would be interesting.

 
At October 31, 2006 1:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, and he was supposed to burn it for me so I can cruise around our 'hood blaring it with the windows down. He has some of the songs on his myspace page:
myspace.com/schafferthedarklord

~Jade

 
At October 31, 2006 3:03 PM, Blogger jason said...

yes, everyone must see the video to "cat people" on his myspace page. Yeah, Eastside's a hole, but it's the most awesomely kickass horrorshow bar around. I feel deliciously evil every time I walk in there.

 
At November 01, 2006 9:26 AM, Blogger Aaron said...

Shaffer The Dark Lord Myspace page

 

Post a Comment

<< Home