Saturday, September 16, 2006

bowling update

Well, the new orb is going to take some time to get used to. I bowled absolutely gash. My first game throwing a hook was a whopping 71 points. I threw more gutters than I had since highschool. My straight game was a respectable 148. The holes are spread differently than I'm used to, so it was difficult to adjust my throw. Also, the pin reaction was much different than a house ball. With the straight throw, the ball would just go right through the pins, rather than making them bounce around. I had a harder time than usual getting strikes. The pin patterns that were left for spares were also completely different than the ones I usually leave. My third game I went back to a hook. I rolled around 100 that game. So, much practice is needed. On a positive note, when I actually threw a decent hook, the pins just laid down for me. It looked like they were hit with a small wave of water is the best explanation for how it looked. My ball seems to be very forgiving in pocket accuracy. I got a couple of solid looking strikes when I really didn't hit the pocket very well.

3 Comments:

At September 19, 2006 8:58 AM, Blogger Aaron said...

Practice.

When I got my first ball it took me several tries to finally get my throw down. You can't expect to go out and do well with a new ball. It will take some getting-used-to.

 
At September 25, 2006 12:25 AM, Blogger Spoony Quine said...

` I find bowling balls to be somewhat cumbersome. I prefer hurling boomerangs into pins.... Problem is, the toy ones have a tendency to go off-course.

 
At October 02, 2006 10:58 PM, Blogger Aaron said...

I like to think of it as more of a shockwave rather than a wave of water. When I hit the pins, at the same time my ball's core goes critical, it's a powerful reaction that vaporizes most pins.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home