Saturday, September 09, 2006

Celebrity siting

This one is a little late in coming. Last weekend Jade and I went to the Irish Festivial in Kansas City. There were a lot of good bands to see. As usual, most of the merchandise was shitty Irish knock-offs made in China. I ended up buying a Boulevard rugby shirt because I was cold. It's a nice shirt though. Also, I bought a framed Boulevard Louis and Clark poster, which came with another free poster. As for celebrity sitings, my mom met the lead singer of The Elders, a local Irish band that is pretty big. She got the new cd autographed for Jade. Right before my mom met up with us to give us the cd I saw Chris Porter, the runner up in the most recent Last Comic Standing. He walked right by me. It took me a second to place him, and by the time I realized who it was, he was already past me. That was literally my first encounter with someone famous outside of seeing someone on stage or at a ballgame. Has anyone else every met anybody famous or seen them in public?

1 Comments:

At September 10, 2006 7:25 AM, Blogger Aaron said...

Sitting close to my sister and I at the chiefs games is the best second baseman the Royals ever had, and arguably one of the best ever, Frank White. I'll never forget when I saw him. I was just walking through the concouse, looked up, and saw him walking the other way. I immediately recognized him and stopped in my tracks because it was so amazing for me to be seeing this baseball legend walking around with the rest of 'em. I eventually made my way over to say hi and shake his hand. I can't believe he wasn't being mobbed. It must be because he's black ;)

I've met lots of powerful men in the business community in KC, and tons of pro athletes - not so many entertainers or hollywood types.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home