Friday, August 11, 2006

Good flick

I finally got around to seeing this movie. I'm surprised I didn't catch it sooner, as it was high on the list of movies I wanted to see. Jade and I saw it 2 days before it left the theater. The animation was absolutely gorgeous, although some of it made my eyes hurt (some of the characters wear camoflauge suits that project ever-changing images of different people and outfits every second).The movie was very dialogue heavy, most of it was pretty damn funny. A lot of the situations reminded me of "experiences" I had in my late teens/early twenties. The plot was pretty cool as well, although it felt like it was going nowhere until near the end. I think I will appreciate it more the second time I see it. The acting was suberb too, for the most part. Robert Downey Jr. was fantastic. As was this guy->











I can't remember his name, but he played the main pothead in Dazed and Confused (the one that talked about the creepy stuff happening on a dollar bill). Winona Ryder was not that great ( I never thought she was much of an actress). And, of course, Keanu Reeves sucked balls. Even when he's animated, he's not animated. Can somebody expain to me how he ends up getting roles in what otherwise would be great movies? Overall, a good flick that I can't wait to see again. The next movie that I hope to see is Talledega Nights....I need a silly movie. After that, it's Little Miss Sunshine.

4 Comments:

At August 11, 2006 7:37 PM, Blogger Aaron said...

I love this line:

"Even when he's animated, he's not animated"

I liked Mr. Reeves in 'Feeling Minnesota', but everything after that "sucked balls."

I've been watching 'Band of Brothers' on the History channel. I want to see more of Ron Livingston.

I would also like to see 'Talledega Nights'. I hope it's as good as 'Anchorman'.

 
At August 14, 2006 9:11 AM, Blogger locomocos said...

little miss sunshine was Fan-Fucking-Tastic!

i haven't laughed that hard at a movie in a LONG time!

and i hope to catch this movies before it leaves the art house, too!

p.s.
i have asked the EXACT same question about Canoe many many times.....

 
At August 14, 2006 9:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see "Sunshine."

The stoner/actor is Rory Cocraine or something like that. He was the same character as in "Dazed and Confused." Talk about typecast!

Canoe!! Ha! I think a canoe is actually MORE animated, though...

~Jade

 
At August 16, 2006 10:03 AM, Blogger Spoony Quine said...

` I must see this movie... it's so weird that I don't know the new movies that are out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home