Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Memorial Day

I hope everyone had a fun and safe Memorial Day weekend. Mine was okay. I thought about going to KC, but ended up being to apathetic. Instead, we went out to a Brazilian steak house. It was pretty good, if a little overpriced. Saturday we went to a party. It was strange. An old coworker invited us. The funny thing is, she hasn't invited us anywhere since she stopped working for Hanger. I figured that pretty much meant we weren't friends. So, out of the blue she invites us over to watch UFC. I'm not big into that, but wanted some socialization...so we went. I'm glad we did. It was a good time, got to play some washers and talk to some people from work that I see daily, but barely know. Sunday we took it easy. Monday, we went to a friends party. They always have good food. They also had horseshoes and volleyball. We had a pretty good time there, even though we didn't know that many people. I was drunk by 4 in the afternoon. Other than that, life continues to suck balls. I hate my job more and more each day that passes. I think it's time for me to blow this popsicle stand. That is all.

10 Comments:

At June 01, 2006 6:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

UFC= Gay wrestlers eatin pudding. Lame, except for the guy getting his head boxed by the other guy on his back. Me-ow!

~Jade

 
At June 01, 2006 7:54 AM, Blogger heather said...

I watched UFC for the first time Monday evening. I think the guys who put themselves through that are stupid. From what I gathered, anything goes. The guy was getting punched to the side of the head. I guess I'm too much of a mom and see the potential for serious brain damage for taking that many blows to the head!! I totall agree about the gay part. If I didn't know they were "supposed" to be wrestling or whatever they do, it looked like gay guys cuddling on the ground they way they had their bodies entwined together.

 
At June 01, 2006 8:00 AM, Blogger locomocos said...

so - what's a Brazilian Steak House? It can't be too close to a Mongolian Steak house, as they are on opposite sides of the world......

but you never know....
;D

hot brazilian men making steaks with their shirts off - hot women who actually HAVE a "brazilian"?
if that be the case, it would be well worth the money!!!

 
At June 01, 2006 8:06 AM, Blogger Aaron said...

YUK Jade!

I've seen UFC before. Those guys are hardcore.

So, do you guys have your horseshoe pit set up in the backyard yet?

 
At June 01, 2006 8:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cassie, For the Brazilian menu, see www.gauchos.us. They serve the meat on huge skewers that look like swords and you get fried bananas, polenta, black beans, and rice on the side. It was very interesting.

No, Aaron, no horseshoe pit. We have had so much rain that you wouldn't even be able to see it amidst the foot-tall grass in the yard now. I think that washers would be a good option, since it's portable and you wouldn't have to tear up your yard.

~Jade

 
At June 01, 2006 9:44 PM, Blogger jason said...

Yeah, I'm opting towards washers, less to mow around...not like I do that regularly anyway. Actually, it's all part of my master plan to naturally seed the bare parts of my backyard with grass. Or just lazy. I forgot..yeah, ufc is totally gay. One match involved one guy getting a piggy back from the other for about 5 minutes....lame.

 
At June 04, 2006 6:32 PM, Blogger Spoony Quine said...

` Floor wrestling. Well, it's more interesting when you're part of it, with three other people.

 
At June 05, 2006 9:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jason's b-day was Saturday. Let's all wish him a rousing "huzzah"! Pictures should be coming soon.

~Jade

 
At June 06, 2006 1:02 PM, Blogger heather said...

Happy Belated Birthday Jason!!

 
At June 11, 2006 1:56 PM, Blogger Spoony Quine said...

` I'm not belated because I'm here to say; happy after-birthday!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home