Friday, June 30, 2006

Dining Room


Here is a picture of the dining room we just finished. It was a royal pain in the ass. I highly don't recommend painting with red. You have to use a pink primer, wait 24 hours, paint the first coat, wait 24 hours, second coat, 24 hours, 3rd coat, 24 hours, then a fourth coat. It's hard to tell from the picture, but the top is gold with sponge painted light brown and lighter yellow white. It turned out very light and looks kinda marbled. Not bad, but I think we used too much glaze so the top colors don't show much. Overall it took us from Sunday till Friday to finish, with the border going on last. The border was also a pain, self adhesive my ass. Next it's on to the living room and hallways. I figure to have the entire inside repainted in a month or two.

11 Comments:

At July 04, 2006 2:42 PM, Blogger Spoony Quine said...

` Fabulous!! We have a crusty little table, ugly gray carpeting, white walls, and a big piece of canvas hanging on the wall with a painting of a scared blue man huddling behind a trap door and looking into the hole with his flashlight.

 
At July 06, 2006 11:40 AM, Blogger locomocos said...

you havin' us over for dinner, or what?
;D

looks good!

 
At July 07, 2006 6:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, stop by if you're ever passing through Columbia and we'll feed you! Jason's kebobs are a crowd pleaser.

~Jade

 
At July 07, 2006 4:48 PM, Blogger jason said...

So's your mom!


Sorry, couldn't resist. :)

Actually, it's Jason's world famous bestest hamburgers around that I'm particularly proud of. I also cook up a mean pork rib.

 
At July 09, 2006 2:50 PM, Blogger Spoony Quine said...

` Someone please comment on my crazy person post on my blog! I worked long and hard to draw in that crowd!

` ...Or my henchmen will destroy you!

 
At July 21, 2006 8:18 AM, Blogger Aaron said...

Is it that Jason's kebobs are a crowd pleaser or that Jason pleases the crowd with his kebob?

 
At July 21, 2006 2:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A comment on skewered meat would just be too easy, now wouldn't it?

~Jade

 
At July 23, 2006 10:40 PM, Blogger Spoony Quine said...

` Mmmmmm. Cock: The meat for us vegetarians.
` That and placenta. Yeel.

 
At July 23, 2006 10:40 PM, Blogger Spoony Quine said...

` (Well, at least some of us. By the way... I can say that, right?)

 
At July 23, 2006 10:41 PM, Blogger Spoony Quine said...

` 'Placenta'... I mean.

 
At July 25, 2006 3:39 PM, Blogger jason said...

all words are welcome here. By the way, I've been very lazy with posting. Some has to do with painting, which I'm sure the toxic fumes are the prime suspect. Also, I'm just lazy. I have a couple of new posts in the works. They will be up in a couple of days...maybe when I'm done painting the hallway.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home