Sunday, June 11, 2006

The Seven Stages of Drunkeness: an Exercise in Progression


So, I've been waiting until I got the pictures back to do the birthday post. It was a fun day. Jade and I went to a kick ass art fair at Stephen's College Lake. There were about 150 booths with all sorts of paintings, pictures, sculptures, jewerly, etc. I had to exercise massive restriant to keep from spending a ton of money. I ended up buying Jade and my mom some jewelry, and I bought myself a planter.

Later, Aaron came down and 2 of our local friends stopped by. We started out with Daquiri's, then moved to beer. Nicki and Dana brought me a bottle of crown that led to this.










Aaron also came bearing gifts.....his was a bottle of Patron that led to this.












Then this.



Later, we went bowling...thankfully, we took a cab as I'm sure nobody was in the shape to drive. I got a free shot at the bowling alley, and that is about the last thing I have a clear memory of. We all bowled crappy. I don't have any recolection of putting on my bowling shoes and very well may have bowled in my street shoes. Much fun was had at the bowling alley as evidenced by this.


















A couple of pitchers of beer later, and this was the result.




We headed home and then Patron reared its ugly head again, with dire results as evidenced by this.














Jade, ever the level headed one....recommended that we start drinking water. Aaron was grateful, and I think I had a glass. Apparently, I wanted to take another shot of Patron at this point......Jade tried to talk me out of it but I kept saying "balls to the wall, balls to the wall" and took the shot anyway. That was a big mistake. All of a sudden all that booze caught up with me. Before I made it to bed I succeeded in the following: accidentally slamming the door into the wall which broke a picture and put a hole in the wall, bruising both of my arms somehow, and basically stumbling around until I found my way to the bed. I drifted off into a coma and emerged the next day at noon to eat. I then promptly went back to bed until 3pm. I felt sorry for Aaron, he had to get up and play softball the next day. Overall, a good time was had by all...I hope it never happens again! :)

11 Comments:

At June 13, 2006 11:05 AM, Blogger Aaron said...

Yes indeed, evidence of the debauchery that night is strewn around columbia like a trailer park destroyed by a tornado. The twister touched down at your house, moved slowly to the bowling alley, then reversed course and went back to your house. Although I don't remember it, somehow it picked me up, took my shirt off, put it on my head, and layed me back down on the deck. Strange times.

 
At June 13, 2006 3:56 PM, Blogger jason said...

It also caused me to take these pictures that I don't remember taking. I found them on my camera after taking a picture of my planter.

 
At June 14, 2006 1:06 PM, Blogger locomocos said...

so jason, was it you or aaron laying on the floor with your shirt on your head? it looks like you might want to ask that chick who looks a little like The Captain in that photo as to what happened to you!

haha!

Happy Birthday!!!

 
At June 14, 2006 1:07 PM, Blogger locomocos said...

wait....or is that Aaron?

Too dark, man. Too dark.

 
At June 14, 2006 1:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

At that point, I think they were both shirtless (Captain Patron Was Here!), but the one you are referring it is Aaron. Note that he started out on the kitchen floor and then managed to resume same position out on the deck.

~Jade

 
At June 14, 2006 3:50 PM, Blogger jason said...

yeah, that's Aaron giving the rockstar salute. We certainly partied like rockstars that night. I wanted to go shirtless at the bowling alley, but other people were against that idea. Speaking of rockstars....Jade got us tickets to "the Nuge", who is coming to Columbia. I'm listening to Stranglehold as we speak in anticipation. Should be a reely big shew.

 
At June 19, 2006 1:10 PM, Blogger jason said...

Elwess. I fixed your blog. It just needed to be republished.

 
At June 19, 2006 1:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! It's back! Just in time for Before and After pictures of the dining room painting fiasco. If it doesn't work according to plan, maybe the Queer Eye for the Straight Guy people will come across them and come rescue us.

Jade

 
At June 19, 2006 3:30 PM, Blogger jason said...

Wow....I posted a comment to myself....I must be out of my mind. Thanks for fixing the problem. I had pretty much given up and was going to start a new blog. I'm glad I didn't. This one has a lot of history in it.

 
At June 19, 2006 3:39 PM, Blogger Aaron said...

No kidding. I can't express the frustration I felt when I lost my blog.

 
At June 22, 2006 1:18 PM, Blogger Spoony Quine said...

` Man... that's why it's good to keep backups of your blogs... or have two of the same!
` Or something.

` I may never understand people and their crazy drunken parties.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home