Monday, August 28, 2006

Let's bowl, let's bowl, let's rock 'n roll

So, Jade and I finally joined a league. It started Friday night. We went to the meeting at 6pm. I got there early and watched people filter in. Everyone that walked in the door had to be either a: 70 plus years old, b: a complete hick, c: a complete goober (see b). I was very disheartened. I only saw one other guy my age. Jade and I sat through their 30 minutes boring ass meeting just to find out that we were the only 2 oddballs....everyone else already had a complete team. They basically ended up taking a vote to see if they wanted to allow us to bowl....they didn't. So poo on them. The manager was very nice though, he said another league that just started last week might have an opening. The manager of the league was a guy in his mid thirties and he was cool enough to let us join. We ended up bowling against his team that night. It looked like this league was comprised of younger players, which is nice. As Jade has already mentioned, another straggler ended up joining our team. It was some weird 60 yr old lady who didn't hardly talk to us all night. She had a daughter that I think was mildly retarded and had a huge burn scar on her arm. The mother seemed embarrassed to have her around, which made me sad. The daughter seemed nice enough, just kinda slow. Hopefully we can add 2 more people next week so we have a full team. Anyway, bowling went well. It was rather strange though. Everyone on the other team kept high-fiving us on almost every frame. It was a little creepy, especially since I don't even like to shake hands. We bowl 3 games a week. I did fairly decent with 165, 165, and 145. I think I drank a little too much beer and that affected my last game. The nice thing is that they leave the lights on, and I don't have to listen to crappy rap music. The next step is getting my own ball, which I'm going to look for tonight online. I ended up being captain for our team. Jade came up with the name "Spare Change". Everyone really liked it, so we went with it. The only other name I could come up with was "The Jive Turkeys"....which I thought was funny as hell. Maybe not appropriate in mixed company though. Hopefully this turns out to be a fun league, as we are in it for the long haul. It doesn't end until May of next year. Wish us luck!

4 Comments:

At August 31, 2006 11:25 PM, Blogger Aaron said...

Good Luck guys. I'm sure you'll have a good time.

Elwess, don't you know you're not supposed to drink on league night? Geez.

 
At September 01, 2006 10:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't until the end, when it was just embarrassing for me anyway. Yet, they kept high-fiving me for some reason...

~Jade

 
At September 01, 2006 3:58 PM, Blogger jason said...

no drinking on league night? Is this bowling, or is this church?

 
At September 03, 2006 11:08 AM, Blogger Aaron said...

Yes! It is Bowling Church! No sex until marriage, and No drinking during league play!

Unless, of course, you're in a beer league.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home