Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Wii're not gonna takeit , no! Wii're not gonna take it!

Hi, I'm Jason, and I'm an addict.

My addiction has altered my life for the negative and also impacted my relationship.

The addiction in question: Nintendo's Wii

That sleek little white box seduces me, it beckons with it's soft blue light like a prostitute in an alleyway. The promise of a euphoric high of waving a wand and playing Zelda till my eyes crust over haunts my every waking moment.

I've already spent a good deal of time over the last month wasting time and gas driving to different stores around town trying to get my hands on the system. This weekend was the accumilation of a month of depravity and deperate need. This weekend I did what I thought I would never do....I stood in line.

It was common knowledge that video game stores had been hoarding their stock of Wii, planning to allow sale of it on Sunday. There was promise of many systems available. So, I got up at 4:30 Sunday morning and went to the mall to stand in line.

Apparently I'm not the only addict, nor the most die-hard. By the time I got to the mall at 5am, there were already lines. Take in mind the system has been out for a month and the stores didn't open till 8am. The line for EB Games was sold out. I got back in my car and drove to Target. Some of those people had been camped out all night! They had sleeping bags and chairs. Again, there were more people than systems available. I got back in my car and drove home empty handed.

So, time has come for me to swear off my addiction. I'm no longer going to worry about getting a Wii. I'm not going to even look for one until I can walk in the store on any given day and pick one up.

However, when that day comes, I'm going to fire up Zelda and try to inject the controller into my veins.

Seriously, I've heard it's that cool.

21 Comments:

At December 19, 2006 4:38 PM, Blogger jason said...

I just found out I could've driven across the street to Toys'r'us and gotten one easily. Excuse me, I'm going to go kill myself now.

 
At December 20, 2006 6:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you've finally reaced the Acceptance stage of addiction. Well done.

~Jade

 
At December 21, 2006 7:57 AM, Blogger Aaron said...

Silly rabbit, everybody knows that Toys R Us is the best place to buy games or systems.

I'm gonna go with the PS3 as soon as my loan gets approved.

 
At December 21, 2006 8:04 AM, Blogger Aaron said...

Is it possible to be addicted to something you haven't even used?

 
At December 21, 2006 8:04 AM, Blogger Aaron said...

Is it possible to be addicted to something you haven't even used?

 
At December 21, 2006 8:05 AM, Blogger Aaron said...

Old blogger sucks. Everybody should make the switch to the new blogger.

 
At December 21, 2006 1:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is no way in HELL Jade would camp out for an overpriced video game system made by a crooked company that is deliberately not releasing enough to increase interest and price.

Plus, once he gets one, I'll never see him or the HD DVD player ever again.

Jade

 
At December 21, 2006 2:57 PM, Blogger jason said...

wii is completely reasonably priced at 250. Sony is actually reasonably priced when you consider the cheapest blu-ray player is around 800 bucks in a store.

 
At December 21, 2006 2:58 PM, Blogger jason said...

your loan? New car time?

 
At December 22, 2006 8:08 AM, Blogger Aaron said...

I was making a joke about the price of the PS3. New car time is sometime around early March.

 
At December 22, 2006 10:14 AM, Blogger jason said...

Ahh...makes sense now. I originally thought you were getting some kind of loan for a car and were going to use part of it for the ps3

 
At December 25, 2006 5:41 PM, Blogger Spoony Quine said...

` This is why I'm glad my X-Box was stolen.

 
At January 05, 2007 2:28 PM, Blogger Aaron said...

Wii want a new post!

 
At January 05, 2007 3:36 PM, Blogger Spoony Quine said...

` Yeah, where are you, man! Having fun I hope?

 
At January 06, 2007 1:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

CHIEFS!!

~Jade

 
At January 06, 2007 4:29 PM, Blogger Spoony Quine said...

` I hope you're not doing this! Bath salts are bad for your health!

 
At January 08, 2007 6:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

....Not so much

Jade

 
At January 10, 2007 10:42 AM, Blogger locomocos said...

NEW POST!!!

 
At January 13, 2007 2:15 PM, Blogger jason said...

been busy...will post soon.

 
At January 19, 2007 1:21 PM, Blogger locomocos said...

So no Wii yet?

 
At January 19, 2007 3:43 PM, Blogger jason said...

AAAARRRRGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!! Toys R Us said that they would be readily available more than a week ago. Then they said they were getting a big shipment in this week....they got 3, yes 3 lousy stinking units. I'm so pissed and so damn tired of looking for one. Looks like a bunch of stores are going to "release" some to the public first thing Sunday. I'm not getting up at the butt crack of dawn again just to be disappointed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home