Wednesday, July 27, 2005

I'm tired.......so damn tired.....

Evening,

I thought about not posting tonight because I am so damn tired of moving in that all I want to do is veg in front of the tv or be in the hot tub. The move went well this weekend. We ended up having 8 people help out and got done in under 2 hours of actual move time (we fucked around for a good bit during the move). After that, I cooked shish-kabob and cheesy garlic bread. We then proceeded to sit around and get shit-faced. Around midnight, most people did a ninja run on the golf course to look for a pond to jump in. I stayed behind because I was pretty tore up and didn't think I would be able to run if I had to. I was just about to go to bed and everyone came back. They found a nasty pond, but a good sprinkler to run through. By that point I had caught my third wind and ended up having another beer or two. Donny was looking pretty harsh, sitting there with his head in his hands. He was the first to go to bed after Jade. The rest of the weekend we spent unpacking and setting shit up. I finally now have cable and a working washing machine and dryer. Over the last week I've discovered that the plumbing is fucked up and needing repair (422 bucks), the washer/dryer wasn't set up well so I had to redo that. I have a light switch that gets extremely hot when on, a clogged gutter that causes shitloads of water to pour onto my deck in a rainstorm, and the air conditioner doesn't keep the upstairs cool on a 100 degree day. Needless to say I have a lot of work ahead of me. We still haven't put up the art yet. One good thing is that I 've already got great use out of my grill. I've cooked out almost every other night. Tonight it was taco seasoned chicken mexican pizza on fried torillas with veggies. It was moderately rightous for a spur of the moment dish. On that note, I think I'll retire for a smoke and let dinner digest. Later gators.

-J

6 Comments:

At July 28, 2005 7:18 AM, Blogger locomocos said...

mmmm......pizza......beer....

what kind of art do you have in your house? did you post some of it once? i can't remember....

 
At July 28, 2005 12:49 PM, Blogger Aaron said...

Ya, I remember the picture of the moo cow! It looked more like a train wreck to me.

Sean and Dan told me about your house. Dan painted a pretty grim picture. If I were you I'd get an electrician out there immediately to fix that switch. That thing is a real fire hazzard.

 
At July 28, 2005 3:52 PM, Blogger jason said...

yup, that's first on the list of many things to do. Other than that, there isn't that much wrong with the house. The deck needs some major work, but most of the inside is alright. The windows in the front of the house are brand new and they are sweet....very easy to operate. The older ones....not so much. Anyway, yeah I posted a painting that I did. That one needs to be framed. I probably won't put it on public display, I'll just hang it in my study. Most of my other stuff is pretty random...some old sketches of Rome that a friend of my Dad did, a Dali that I like, and of course....vaginas on the wall (the centerpiece of my collection). I will post a pic of it shortly. Other than that, it's all crap. I have a couple of movie posters not even framed, some drawings my retards did, etc...nothing really great. That will change in the next 6 months...I'm on the hunt for kick ass original paintings. They are easy to find in Columbia, but not usually cheap.

 
At July 29, 2005 6:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't you dare forget my two masterpieces of scenes of dogs playing poker that are going in the card playing room!! The piece de resistance...

J.

 
At July 29, 2005 6:48 AM, Blogger Aaron said...

It's a shame that you didn't make your bedroom downstairs. It's the only room that's fit to have a bed in it.

 
At July 29, 2005 3:46 PM, Blogger jason said...

Surprisingly, the master bedroom is roomier than I thought. Also, downstairs is going to be kickass for card playing. I watched tv with only the neon light the other night...it's bright enough to play cards by.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home