Tuesday, February 14, 2006


It's amazing the things that can randomly happen to a person on any given day. What's more amazing is that people wake up every day and expect a certain layout to their day more or less. Think about it.....every day you wake up a know that you will go to your job a certain route, that certain people will be there, and that your day will go mostly as planned. For the most part, we don't even think of the multitude of possibilities that a day can bring. I find this rather sad, and also a major cause of the monotony of daily life. Today I had a little event happen that reminded me of how random life can be. It starts out a couple of days ago when I was thinking of my early college years in kirksville. I was thinking about the people I knew then, and wondering what they are up to now. Lo and behold, today I get an email asking me to accept Tonya as a friend on MySpace. I wonder if it's the same Tonya that I was thinking about a couple days ago so I click on the link to see her profile. The link just sent me to the set up a new account page. By this point I'm rather curious to find out, so I sign up. MySpace gives me an error message saying that my email address is already being used. So, I go to the sign up page and discover I already had an account. I have no recollection of when I set it up, but apparently I did at one point. I found out that it was the very same person I was thinking about. I hadn't talked to her in about 10 years, so I was rather surprised to see that she contacted me. It's the little things like this that make life interesting. I would love to get in touch with a bunch of people I knew when I was younger, but I never investigated it. It would great to get in touch with people I knew as a kid. Anway, for your enjoyment, here is a picture of me and Tonya, circa 1994. Ok, I absolutely hate trying to post pictures this way. I'm just going to leave it as is so I don't mess up this post. If you were wondering, yeah....that's Boone's apple wine in my hand. I was a complete alchohol pussy. I didn't even drink beer at this point. Eventually, I would move on to Zima and eventually beer. Ah, glorious beer.....I hardly knew ye. Thanks to Shane, Sean, and Aaron for forcing me to finally drink beer. Also notice my svelt figure.....I weighed 135 soaking wet. Those were the days.

Addendum: AMS

9 Comments:

At February 14, 2006 4:09 PM, Blogger jason said...

p.s. There was suppossed to be a title, but it didn't save in the rough draft for some reason. And trying to post pictures is pissing me off.

 
At February 15, 2006 6:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, don't leave us hanging! What's she up to now?

Jade

 
At February 15, 2006 6:33 AM, Blogger Aaron said...

It looks like you did fine elwess... What's the problem?

I remember visiting you in kirksville. Now THAT was a party town!

 
At February 15, 2006 6:33 AM, Blogger Aaron said...

When I get home I'll save that picture so I can crop the white part out and send it back to you.

 
At February 15, 2006 6:53 AM, Blogger heather said...

Be patient grasshopper. I will show you the picture posting ways.

 
At February 16, 2006 10:00 AM, Blogger locomocos said...

i love it when someone contacts me on Myspace and i haven't heard (or thought) about them in years. it's fun to know that someone is thinking about you!

 
At February 16, 2006 3:39 PM, Blogger jason said...

yeah, I look forward to talking to her. She jotted me a quick email that was pretty short on details. I did find out that one of the other people we hung out with as a group has MS. So, that was a shock. Other than that, it sounds like Tonya's life is going pretty good.

 
At February 17, 2006 6:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

New post! Tell everyone how we're going to be in the presence of a "huge" film star next Thursday night. Ha.

~Jade

 
At February 17, 2006 3:49 PM, Blogger jason said...

I was going to post about that at a later date. I wasn't sure if I wanted to make a post before or after the event. So, I post a short one tonight and the other after the event.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home